- 3 pound chuck roast
- Your favorite BBQ rub (We recommend Big Guy BBQ Espresso Rub)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Fire up your smoker to 245 degrees. Use a few chunks of hickory or a lighter wood.
- Season the chuck on all sides with the rub and place onto the smoker.
- Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 185 F.
- Carefully remove the chuck and wrap in foil. Let rest on your counter for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chuck roast from the foil and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into 3/4″ cubes and place into a disposable aluminum pan.
- Lightly (very lightly!) drizzle the meat with the BBQ sauce. You just want the flavor from the sauce. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with more of the rub and return to the smoker for 1 1/2 more hours.