What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried bay leaf pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
How to make it:
- Place bay leaf, oregano and sage into a spice or coffee grinder and grind until in powder form ( you don’t want it to clog the needle)
- Take all remaining ingredients and combine in a sauce pan with the ground herbs
- Simmer over medium heat for five minutes, stirring often or until the salt it dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Load the marinade into the syringe, injecting the mixture into the breast, thigh and leg.
For the skin: Add a light coating of olive oil to the skin and sprinkle with a generous amount of Big Guy BBQ seasoned salt.
We smoked the turkey and then placed on grill for last half hour to crisp up the skin.